Our Innovation Department designs and develops protection systems against natural and industrial hazards in the field of mechanical energy absorption.
The Innovation Department is equipped with the right material and technical resources to approve the design of installation solutions by running a series of experimental tests :
- On its static and semi-static testing facility :
- Out-of-plane testing facility ;
- In-plane traction testing facility.
- On its dynamic shock testing station :
- Dynamic jib for testing low-impact energy levels (Drop height: 27 ml, Max Mass = 1700 kg) ;
- Dynamic pole for testing high-impact energy levels (Drop height: 45 ml, Max Mass = 7500 kg).
All the products we develop meet the requirements of French and European standards: Construction Products Regulation (CPR), standards NF P95-308 and NF P 95-304… or they are subject to specific, custom-made sizing requirements to meet the needs of each client.
- Rockfall barriers – CAN-E 1500 CE ;
- Deflection barrier – CAN-ROOF™ ;
- Temporary rockfall protection unit ;
- Anti-intrusion barrier – CAN-Fence™ ;
- EF4 tornado-resistant anti-projectile netting ;
- A range of other system designs, including deflection barriers, erosion traps, energy dissipators and connecting components …
The Innovation Department plays an active role on expert committees to draw up standards and recommendations for protection systems against natural hazards, and is also involved in the French C2ROP National Research Project (Projet National C2ROP – Boulder Rockfall and Protection Systems).
Thanks to the scope of its R&D, CAN is able to guide its clients through every step of the process, from project design up until project completion.